We’re Here to Help!

University Health WIC, provides healthy food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and family resources to women, children, and families in the Jackson County/KC Metro and surrounding areas. If you are pregnant, or a caretaker of a child under age five, you can get personalized support for you and your family at one of our UH WIC offices.

New partnership with HappyBottoms, now at our Independence and Grandview clinics!


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:


U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or


(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Nutrition Education

Healthy Foods

Breastfeeding Services

Family Resources

WIC Guidelines & Qualifications

To qualify for WIC, you must be in one of the categories below:

  • Pregnant women

  • Breastfeeding women up to one year after the birth of the baby (postpartum)

  • Non-breastfeeding women up to six months after the birth of the baby

  • Women who have lost a pregnancy within the past six months

  • Infants and children under five years old

  • Foster children under five years old

  • Fathers, grandparents, and other legal guardians of children age 5 years or younger may receive benefits for eligible infants/children

WIC Guidelines & Qualifications

Apply for WIC Today!