Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility
Do I Qualify?2024-04-30T21:33:34-05:00

Do I Qualify?

You can start the enrollment process by answering a few questions below. A WIC representative will contact you for more information. Or, you can call any of our UH WIC Clinics to schedule an appointment.

Who is Eligible to Receive WIC Services?

  • Pregnant women

  • Breastfeeding women up to one year after the birth of the baby (postpartum)

  • Non-breastfeeding women up to six months after the birth of the baby

  • Women who have lost a pregnancy within the past six months

  • Infants and children under five years old

  • Foster children under five years old

  • Fathers, grandparents, and other legal guardians of children age 5 years or younger may receive benefits for eligible infants/children

Missouri WIC Income Guidelines
Missouri WIC Income Guidelines

What to Bring to Your Appointment

You can come by yourself if you are pregnant, and/or bring your children under age five along with you.

The following information and documents are required on your first appointment:

One of the items below:

  • Driver’s License
  • State ID
  • Passport
  • Employment ID
  • School ID

One of the items below:

  • Shot Record
  • Birth Certificate
  • Hospital Record (e.g., crib card, hospital band, discharge paperwork)
  • Family Support Division letter with identifying information

One of the items below (can be paper or electronic):

  • Current utility bill or personal bill within the last thirty (30) days
  • Current rent or mortgage receipt (dated within the last (30) days)
  • Voter registration card
  • Property tax receipt
  • Pay stub that has name and physical address and has been issued within the last thirty (30) days
  • Mail received from a government agency other than WIC must be dated within the last (30) days (e.g., jury summons, social services letter)

Must include the prior 30 days of income

  • Current pay stubs (paper or electronic) noting the pay time frame (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
  • Commissions, fees, and tip records
  • Unemployment letter or notice
  • Check stub or award letter from Social Security stating current amount of earnings
  • Recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) for military personnel
  • Recent bank statement
  • Foster child placement letter or foster parent award letter

If you are currently on MO HealthNet, Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), or receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), you might be eligible for benefits without current proof of income

  • Online Screening

  • Should be Empty: